Every gardener will benefit from the author's intimate knowledge of herbs and their histories, growing needs, and uses in the kitchen and home. The wisdom she shares-with vivid stories, a self-deprecating wit, and an infectious delight in the garden-will be useful to herb growers living anywhere in the United States or Canada.
Included in this practical guide is instruction on:
* Planting, caring for, and propagating herbs indoors, outdoors, and in containers
* Harvesting, drying, and preserving herbs, flowers, and seeds
* Two dozen ways to use herbs in the home, from aromatherapy and infusions to vinegars and wreaths
* Landscaping with herbs, with plans for a harvest bed, rose garden, and other themed gardens
* The growing needs and unique uses of more than 90 herbs, along with favorite recipes